Friday, June 12, 2020

The Air Right Now

Father the air is so thick... 

If anyone does not feel it than they are either in denial or haven't the house.  Many are heavy hearted, weeping, broken, shocked, disappointed, confused, in denial, ignoring it and yes, some even wanting it to be done with.

THANK YOU that it's over when You say it's over.  Thank YOU that all things are purposeful in Your Divine Will.  Thank You for the Corona virus, a sorrowful time for many and also a time for the living to reflect on this life, this world and what we are doing with this gift called life.

And I also say thank You for the protesting.  As I just heard someone say that what is occurring has been occurring for a long time, and social media is giving the blind eye clarity to see what was occurring before being able to video tape an access to police body cameras.

I deeply thank You that in so many ways You have healed me from past hurts and from the wrongs that broke my heart and my spirit.

I thank You that as heavy as this season of life is, You are working behind the scenes in ways that we cannot even imagine.  I also thank You for the positive things that have occurred as a result of George Floyd's death.

I thank You for all of the other cases that are being exposed and brought to the public's eye.  I thank You for the conversations that are taking place, the relationships that are be formed and strengthened.

I thank You for keeping my son, his brothers, my brother, my nephews, and my male cousins in Your care.  I have had the hard conversation with my son when I was in law enforcement.  I specifically said that whenever you are confronted with the police, obey and get all the names and badge numbers.  If you cannot remember that, get the cruiser number off of the police car.

I thank YOU for being the God of all comfort and continue to pray that the moms and those who have lost loved ones have a knowing that they can bring all this pain to You.  I can't imagine having my child die in the public spotlight and then having the video played again and again and again and again.  I cannot imagine the death, in most cases being dismissed and labeled, self defense.

God of all flesh, thank You for the laws that will take effect, the laws that are being considered and the old way of doing things being no longer acceptable.  We know that the hearts of many are angry and tired of this being on the news and wanting it all to "quiet down" and get back to life...but I pray that You will continue to work on those hearts.  Racism is evil and it is sin.  

I saw for the first time last night the story of Ruby McCollum.....so not right....so, so, so, wrong.  BUT it gave me hope because I know that You saw everything that happened and You know the truth.  The judge may have attempted to sentence her to death, but YOU intervened.

Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Lord, so many wait all their lives for justice and some get eaten up over the injustice and never live the full life You intended for them.  I can recall a news report a few years back where a man never got over being bullied, and fifty years later he decided to shoot the person who had bullied him fifty years prior.

GOD I in know way feel like anyone should get over "anything."  I hope and pray that anyone still in the "deepest pain" unable to see past it and some being paralyzed by it, I hope and pray that Your Holy Spirit will enter into that pain and point them to the ONE who can do something about it.

Oftentimes, because the flesh of man is weak and wicked, there are no changes and the cycle of abuse and misconduct repeats itself, but with GOD in whom all things are possible, YOU give us a peace that surpasses all human understanding.  When we know that there is a day of judgement and a time where all wrongs will be made right; regardless of race, education or wealth....

#SELAH...

Lord Jesus, the air is thick, emotions are high, but Holy Spirit, please I pray, You can change the atmosphere and please, I pray, change us.  When You move, everything else can wait!

TRUTH and JUSTICE I PRAY!  But also, salvation for every living person who has yet to put their faith in Christ as Lord.

John 3:16-21
Romans 10:9-8
Acts 2:37-41
Acts 3:19


No comments: