Sunday, May 31, 2020

I HATE SOCIAL MEDIA

I have a love/hate with social media.  It is an awesome tool used world wide to share the gospel and to reach the lost.  It is great for keeping in touch with loved ones, old friends and relevant issues.  And I enjoy having the freedom to share my life's journey with the ONE I call Lord.  I also love writing poetry, my heart's delight...and as I've gotten older, I'd rather type on my poetry blog than write on pieces of paper.

However, the freedom to post and share and like and comment...I hate when social media is used for evil.  I hate when free will is used to the extreme and I hate when others join in, instigate and unknowingly and oftentimes, purposefully influence others.  And I hate that when "something bad" happens, from that moment forward, it becomes memorialized as the anniversary of...

I know news is a must and is very informative, but I'm just being honest in saying that I hate this age of social media where everyone has a platform and NO filter. 

Father God, please put a guard on my mouth, help me to be quick to listen and slow to speak.  In the name of Jesus' I pray. Amen!

No comments: