My tips for a bad hair day: inspired by a sleepover at my moms.
I went over to my Mom's after work wearing my "detective sergeant suit" for our girl's night of love, laughter, politics and Chinese food.
The next morning I was scheduled to have brunch with a friend, and after slipping into my "so not working today clothing," I wasn't to pleased with the way my hair looked.
So with that being said, here are my tips for camouflaging a bad hair day:
1) Wear a pair of sexy stilettos. Don't ask me why, but when I put them on, I "feel" slightly empowered and it's as though the Red carpet was laid out especially for me to strut my stuff. Lol
2) Wear a little black dress: We should all have at least one. Lucky me...because of my thyroid issues and my love for brownies, I happen to have a few in various sizes. Lol
3) Wear a pair of jeans that were made specifically for you. There is at least one pair in the Universe for each body type...regardless of shape, size or price...own it!
4) Wear an interesting piece of jewelry. I'm not really into it, but I love to see it on others. It will almost always spark a conversation and more often than not, will spark a new friendship.
5) Or...you could skip the morning sunrise, skip the walk along the seashore, skip the brunch with girlfriends or male friend(s)...skip the devotional with Him and all that other "stuff." You can make an appointment with your stylist and spend the entire morning well into the afternoon sitting under the hair dryer and then waiting to be combed out, so to speak. "So not me."
6) Lastly, you could wear a SMILE so wide and so bright, knowing with everything in your being that He loves you just as you are. Facing the day with confidence that no matter how you may look or feel, His love is not only unconditional but His love is eternal.
* By the way...I did numbers: 1, 3 and 6 and the food and the date were a 10!
Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. ;-)
LOVE for a great day!