Monday, August 24, 2009

The Boogie man...

Saturday I was channel surfing and happened upon a new show titled "The Criminal Mind." Being a law enforcement officer, I just had to see what it was about. This particular episode was about a serial killer. It ended w/a cliff hanger like most of my "Short Stories." I drifted off to sleep and woke up in the middle of a dream about serial killers.

Sunday night, I was reading Hebrews and happened upon Chapter 4, verses 11-13 and slept through the night like a baby. (Go figure!)

Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall following their example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edge sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow;it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

6 comments:

Solomon said...

I totally believe this!

crochet lady said...

Love your new look on your blog. Thanks for thinking of me. I had a really nice weekend. I'll post tomorrow about all that.
Hey, I joined face book, I'll have to look you up.

Blessings.
Jen

PAK ART said...

I like the new topper - I liked the old one too, but it's nice to mix it up a bit. I often have nightmares (don't know what that says about me) and when I wake up frightened and sure that someone is in my house stalking me, I imaging the angels all around me. I pray and God always answers with peace, comfort, safety.

SLC said...

The Word is an awesome sedative, with no negative side effects.

See ya soon
SLC

crochet lady said...

Hey, read your prose.

I think of the times I thought I was in love, but really was "just in love with the thought of being in love." How true.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Now why you wanna make me get up in the pulpit.

While this may have helped you to sleep, it does refer to a different type of rest that comes from abiding in the holiness of God's word. However, given the fact that you are one of HIS, there is no need to be frought with nightmares. You can sleep peacefully knowing that God is for you and that He is ever looking over you.