Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What does your mind absorb?

The mind is like a sponge, but it’s up to you to soak up the positive and ring out the negative. Here are some words that have helped to shape my life by various authors….

Your life will follow your thoughts

When you loose inner control, you will become out of control

The purpose of love is to find a partner we can grow with

Wounded children become wounded adults

Other people shouldn’t have so much control over what we think

Society programs us through subliminal messages

I disappear into the person I love (the old me)

In my father’s absence, I was always hoping for the return of security that I never possessed

I unconsciously feared departure or abandonment by any man who befriended me

The best mom in the world cannot be a father

The absence of my father, even one that I’d never met wounded me

Honesty is the only way to step out of pain

Writing has always been therapeutic for me. I started during my troubled and lonely adolescence



A friend would call me regularly to say, “Did you write today?”

My pen has been moving and even now has not yet ceased

Life is not about finding yourself; it’s about creating yourself!

No comments: