Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Mouth Will Proclaim His Truth

Let not mercy and kindness [shutting out all hatred and selfishness] and truth [shutting out all deliberate hypocrisy or falsehood] forsake you; bind them about your neck, write them upon the tablet of your heart. — Proverbs 3:3

In Psalm 45:1, the psalmist said his tongue was “like the pen of a ready writer.” And in Proverbs 3:1-3, the Word states you should not forget God’s laws but “write them upon the tablet of your heart.” We see from these two Scriptures that the heart is the tablet and the tongue is the pen.

When you confess God’s Word out loud with your tongue, you are effectively writing it on your heart. When you write it on your heart, it becomes more firmly established both in your heart and in the Earth. God’s Word is forever “settled in heaven” (see Psalm 119:89), and we establish it in the Earth each time we speak it. When your mouth is filled with God’s Word, it is a weapon against the devil…use it!

#Power Thought: My tongue is my pen, and my heart a tablet. When I speak the Word of God, it establishes His laws on my heart.

-Joyce Meyer

No comments: