Sunday, March 10, 2013

Inspired by 2 Tea Bags...

Wild Sweet Orange:
Finally free from my past
I dance until sunrise
And then my wings begin to fold

Orange Bliss
My favorite orange reading chair sits low to the floor and resembles something from the 70's. I bought it from a thrift store about 2 years ago for my 47th birthday & it only cost me $20. It was meant for me.

My orange comforter makes me smile each time I come home. It is a happy reminder that I live on the beach and that's exactly why I've placed my king size bed in the living room. I simply could not hear the waves collapsing against the shore from my bedroom.

My orange friend, the Monarch will be here soon. She takes shelter during the winter and that makes me feel blue at times. In those moments, I often refer to my memories and photos of her and then I feel uplifted. She came into my life at a time when things were fuzzy and gray. Her vibrant color and free spirited way of life resonated with who I wanted to be. And now, who I've become. I can never thank her for my awakening. But somehow I feel as though she knows that her purpose was fulfilled and that saying, “thank you” isn’t necessary.

My latest orange bliss is my stuffed pillow pet. I was in Wal-mart and saw a little girl with one in her shopping cart. My eyes immediately lit up. I thought it was the cutest softest sheep I'd ever seen. I stepped out of line and ran to get one for myself. I couldn't wait to get it home. Once I did, I went to cut the tag and it said, "Enjoy your new stuffed dog..." A closer look into it’s face and it does resemble a pup’s face. Lol

I wasn't disappointed in the least, because at first glance it looked like a happy little sheep...just like me. I kept it.

I’m a happy little sheep and Jesus is my Shepherd. And the color ORANGE is my BLISS!

6 comments:

WynnSong said...

Finding Your Joy......Beautiful....

A Lady's Life said...

Well a puppy can be a sheep ....
a sheep dog lol
Just like a shepherd lol So you did not make a mistake lol

You have a very colorful display. Too bad butterflies don't live long.
You are right. They seem to flutter into your life just at the right moment.
:)

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Wynn, you've described my life to the T. Joy and Beauty :-)

Be Blessed my friend,
China

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

My Lady,

My old life was colorless...today, it's orange, lavender, green, red, yellow, and the list goes on...

My home is truly a Children's Art Museum. Lol

We often forget, life is just as fleeting for humans as it is for butterflies. That's exactly why I'm living my BEST LIFE TODAY!

Love you!

Moanerplicity said...

Wow. It appears that you all the material/physical & Spiritual Essentials you need in this world... so I'm not gonna even worry about YOU, China Doll. ;-)


One.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Lin, you are SO correct!
You'd make a great detective. Lol

Love and prayers,
China Doll