Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What's your dream job?

Below is a quiz from Oprah's August issue.  She's trying to challenge you to take a look at your life and see how well you know yourself...or others...

* Pick one or two and have fun :-)

When I'm feeling blue, I imagine myself: Retreating to a sacred space. I need quiet time to reflect and to hear from Him.

My dream job would involve: Running an errand service for senior citizens, take professional photographs of any and everything beautiful and writing for a magazine column on helping women to live their best life :)

My personality would be summed as: Simplistic, youthful and free spirited.  No make up...no jewelry...no fuss and no drama.

I wish I understood why: People give up so easily...seriously, grow up. Can we just be in-love and not sweat the small stuff?

I need to learn how to: Cook soul food...fried chicken, collard greens, real gravy, mac & cheese...and all the stuff that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Lol

I always get stressed out by: An obsessive amount of work related e-mails and last minute demands with a due date of yesterday or ASAP...really, how important is it?

I'm often puzzled by: Kids who disrespect their parents, people who begin eating without saying grace and those who don't say please and thank you.

The best thing you can do for any relationship: Speak the truth with love and accept the person for who they are. If you want something different, then you should have chosen someone different.

Love for a great day!
fsb

4 comments:

Myriam said...

My dream job would involve:
Running my own Real Estate business as broker\owner and make lots of $ (be debt free) so I can take care lots of orphaned\homeless children.
My heart aches when I see them on TV and I thank God that He has given me so much and I am not any better than them. Grace.

I need to learn how to:
Take beautiful\stunning professional pictures with my SLR camera.

Fun stuff.

Gloomy here in NY.

Moanerplicity said...

When I'm feeling blue, I imagine myself: as a child again. I had a very happy kidhood full of adventure & loads of bright, curious friends, & I remember when good times were free & laughing came so easily. I miss the sound of my youthful laughter & the simplicity of just being a kid.

My Dream Job would involve: Running a magazine (something in the vein of Essence... but for Men) writing on a regular basis, contributing to the editorial vision where I could inform, direct & hopefully inspire others in the ways of living well & leading a more beautiful, meaningful & spiritually-based existence.



That's it. That's all.

One.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Morning beautiful creatures of the Most High :-)

Myriam,
I too have a burden for children. I sponsor a young boy from India and his name happens to be Sunny. Just like my disposition. He unknowingly sent me a precious letter on my Birthday. It was amazing how he thanked me for helping his family "from being poor." His words...

I told my kids, that he's their stepbrother. We have an abundance of "stuff" it's the least we can do for him and for Him.

I pray that the Father will help you in your dream job and that many, many children will be blessed by your gifts.

Lin,
I love your response. How strange that all of my "happy" memories vanished once my stepdad came into our bedroom when I was in the 7th grade and announced that he and my mom were getting a divorce.

Prior to that moment, I truly believed we were the luckiest family in the world. In my "mind" we were happy, deeply loved and rich.

When your dream job becomes a reality, I'd love to have a small role in helping you with your vision.

I love people with a vision. Each one teach one!

Love for a great day!
fsb

Myriam said...

I, too, sponsor a little boy through Compassion from my native country Haiti. His name is Samuel and I wanted to name my firstborn Samuel. But his dad objected stating they had a dog (on his side of the family) name Samuel.

And Sunny is such a beautiful name.