Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Lover



Beloved by Songs of Songs…

2:7…do not arouse or awaken love
until is so desires.

3:1
all night long on my bed
i looked for the one my heart loves;
i looked for him; but did not find him.

6:2-3
my lover has gone down to his garden,
to the beds of spices,
to browse in the gardens
and to gather lilies.

i am my lover’s and my lover is mine;
he browses among the lilies.

7:10-12
i  belong to my lover,
and his desire is for me.

come, my lover, let us go to the
countryside,
let us spend the night in the
villages.

let us go early to the vineyards
to see if the vines have budded,
if their blossoms have opened,
and if the pomegranates are in
bloom-
there I will give you my love.

this beautifully poetic love story was written over 2000 years ago.

i’ve searched far and wide only to be disappointed by love…
finally deciding to give up…to be through with “it” and never to look back; was when I discovered that His LOVE was here all along.

embrace love-give love-experience love

sent w/love
free spirit butterfly

2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Question for you.. the phrase: "he browses among the lilies.." is that a Biblical metaphor for a player or a lover's womanizing? Within the context of the other verses, it sort of sounds that way.


Love always exists, always has existed, & hopefully always WILL exist in this world. While we may look, search, browse & shop around to find some fast food version of luv... The Creator's Love is perpetually available, never far away, and always replenishing to the Soul.


SJ!

One.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

In the biblical sense, it says that although they love one another deeply, they don't lose sight of the fact that he still has responsibilities...the "garden" which is his work and the "lilies" his flock (shepherd of people). Yet his love for her does not dimish because of his duties as king.

And regarding the fast food...I've learned overtime, it ain't healthy. :)

Love and peace
fsb