Sunday, March 1, 2009

To my blog family...

The Lord is near.

I have read a couple of post over the past few weeks in which some of you have felt kind of blah... I've had those days myself. Not lately, but I have been there a time or two. I'd like to share this with you from my Women's Devotional, NIV. Love and blessings for a great week!

My life seemed filled with worries and anxieties. It was the kind of day when I just wanted to pull the covers back over my head and forget everything. Have you ever felt that way?

While reading these verses, I was reminded of the profound truth that prayer isn't something I had to do, rather, prayer is something I get to do. I get to bring to GOD every worry and concern that is on my heart today. In fact, I discovered when worry and anxiety knocks on the door of life, if the door is opened by prayer, no one is there? God's cure for worry is always the same-prayer-not pulling the covers back over my head. His way is always action. That action begins with making everything known to him.

Why do we get to pray? Because "the Lord is near" (Philippians 4:5) this is the key to this entire magnificent passage. Because he is near, we need not be anxious for anything. Because he is near, we have peace within.

9 comments:

Toia said...

Thanks for this post. It's just what I needed to read. It's a great reminder for me. Sometimes I would have a lot of stuff weighing down on my heart. But, I would not take it to God as quickly as I should, as if to waddle in it. However, I am learning to take it to God in a hurry and acknowledge what's going on in the inside. Blessings to you for this week and always.

PAK ART said...

Always a good reminder. I left church early on Wed eve due to a migraine and was surprized when one of the men asked if he could pray for me...I don't know why I was surprized. But I was. Sometimes I even forget to ask God for simple things like healing of a headache.

Keith said...

Hey How are you doing? Sorry I don't come by as often as I should..I'll try to do better.

Thank you for this post. Even though it's Sunday..We sometimes forget thaT God is always nearby...
I had an experience last night that I may blog about that brought the point home to me.

crochet lady said...

One of the things I love about our God, is that we can be utterly honest with Him and know that he loves us and we can trust Him for He is good.

God is pulling me back into a big snuggle hug, I had just been sharing the room with Him for the last few months, now I'm sharing an embrace.

Thanks for the timely wisdom.

Love and blessings.

crochet lady said...

I left a message for you on my 'Rugs and Rags' post about sending you something. I would love to. Just let me know how I can and what you would like!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Keith, no need for apologies... we all have stuff to do in this busy world and your blog is super hot. You don't have to visit regularly to show me love. We're all one big family. I'm happy to see you when I do!

Thanks for visiting and for getting me to pull out some Motown music this weekend.

Ms. Crochet, I'm going to check in w/you after my meeting. Anything orange is fine with me (smile)

Love, peace and blessings for a great day!

Juri said...

Thanks so much for that worthy reminder to take our cares and worries directly to the Lord! I needed that!!!

Juri

Tia's Real Talk said...

God always gives you a word when it's needed. How are you free spirit? It's been a while. Angela and I talk every now and then, thanks for the introduction and this well needed post! God bless!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Ms. Tia and Juri hugs and blessings. Thanks for the visit. I sure needed it. My job gave me a good beating today and I'm so in need of a hug from my blog-family. Thank you all for visiting and sharing and being as honest as I am. I feel truly blessed to have been one whose past pain has caused such an incredible rainbow of friends from all walks of life.

Love, peace and blessings!