Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are you still breathing?

I work in a place where crime is my only concern. I have to review the city’s crime reports for the past 24 hours and it can be very sad and depressing to say the least. What has become of our society? Our days are truly numbered!

That is exactly why I make every effort to put on my smile and my “choose to be happy” attitude. There are those days where I may not feel like smiling but I constantly remind myself of the endless suffering in this world and it keeps me humble. I am so very grateful and appreciative of what a new day signifies.

When life gets tough, stop and ask yourself, “Am I still breathing?” This will cause you to focus on your breathing and will briefly take your mind (if only temporarily) off of what you are troubled about. Slowly inhale and then exhale, it really works! Try it the next time your stuck in rush hour traffic (lol)

1 comment:

Standing Able said...

Hey! I have a piece of paper I taped to the mirror of my bathroom and it reads: "I woke up this morning...I'm breathing without difficulty...The sun is shining...I'm already having a good day! Breathe in the good and exhale the TOXIC!

Peace and Continued Blessings,
Stacye