Monday, April 20, 2020

The Things We Love

I have such a passion for God's Word.  I cannot put into words how it feels to sit in my favorite chair, sun on my skin and God's Word on my lap.  I used to use the word passion in so many other areas of my life until I met the ONE who gives passion.

I have been writing ever since I was in the seventh grade.  I don't always keep up with my blogs, but as of late, I've been writing.  I want to blame Siri.  Lol...
As having the ability to talk through my phone helps to document my life's journey, I have become lazy with blogging and sometimes with journaling.  I do however, still keep prayer and gratitude journals.  When the Lord Jesus calls me home, my children are going to be surprised with the amount of journals I have acquired over the years.

Praise God that He gave me direct instructions to burn anything I'd written from my past and kept stored away.  He had saved me and it was time to truly soar!  I had tons of old diaries and I just didn't know what to do with them.  I didn't want them anymore but still was not ready to part with them.  There were some in the closet and more boxed under the bed.  One day He had me speak to the Youth Group at our church and He told me to bring some of my diaries and to read them aloud.  I was SO not ashamed because all that God does is to bring Him glory.  But, prior to my salvation, I wouldn't have wanted anyone to read them.  My life was a mess and I was looking for love and acceptance in all the wrong places.  I was not a good mother and I was such a workaholic.

After speaking to the Youth, God said, "You can get rid of them now."

Don't you just love Holy Spirit convictions?  And don't you just love how He provides?

My friend, and sister in Christ, was staying at our friend's house until she could figure out where she would move next.  Lo' and behold, we had a bonfire and a burn-fire.  I loaded up all of my "yuckie past" and put them in the fire pit.  It was a double celebration.  Good bye shame and regrets and hello to my first and not my last yummy, messy smores!

We laughed like two teenagers and it was a night I'll never forget.  Mainly because when we were young, we were neighbors and didn't even know it.  It turned out that she and her sister knew my big sister.  However, I'd never met them back then.  I was so introverted, I was probably in the house writing in my diary.  As God would have it and like He said in Psalm 139, He has already planned all of our days.  Sweet Missy and I met in church and over time, we discovered we were once neighbors in New Carrolton, Maryland.  How cool is that!?  How cool is God?!

The one thing I love about my faith and this God I get to serve is when I look back over my life, I can clearly see His beautiful, compassionate hands all over it.  We would never, ever say it aloud, but we can love our sin(s).  While I was thoroughly enjoying my sin, He was relentlessly pursuing me.  How people can go all their lives and NOT #believe is beyond me.  It still makes my heart so very sad for the lost souls just existing and the hard hearts that choose to reject Him.  It makes me even sadder that so many think they are going to heaven.

Not to make you sad, it just came out as I was reflecting on His goodness in my life.

I started this post to celebrate the things I love and how life can oftentimes distract us/me.  Thanking Him for this season of life where I can hear and see things more clearly...

I absolutely love reading God's Word, helping and ministering to others and writing.  I hope to get back to writing.  God put another book in me back in 2016.  It was crystal clear; the title and the outline, though I have yet to begin writing it.  He's so patient with me.  That's the cool thing about writing...there's no time line when it's not your source of income and it's your book, your words and your story.  However, I pray that the next book will be all HIS-story all His glory.  And if I don't finish it, the Books of the Bible are more than sufficient!  :-)

I hope to occasionally update my blogs and to keep pointing people to the Savior.  There is no life, no reason to exist, and no eternal resting place for the soul without salvation.  Don't you wanna know Him?  Don't you want to explore truth?  I mean His truths?  No personal opinions, no false teachings, no feel good messages, and surely no cults, but the absolute TRUTH!  What if you get to the end of your life and discover that Jesus was the Son of God.  That He was God?!
Jesus says in the gospel of John that knowing the truth will set you free.  How incredible it would be to be loosed from every stronghold, every demonic influence and every lie you've ever believed.  How awesome would it be to be delivered from yourself?  The sad truth is that we are often the barrier that keeps us from being free, us and our sin.  And even sadder, we tend to hang out with people who won't point us to the truth.  The Holy Spirit is the only one who can truly do that.

My earnest plea is that if you are not sure about your final resting place that you would read the gospel of John.  Sincerely, not sarcastically, but sincerely seek Him, asking the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity to awaken you to the truth.  Step into an existing and oh so purpose filled life, let the chains fall off for good and begin living the life you were always created to live.  If you do.……..YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.  If you #choose not to, you will die the same.  Lost and bound in darkness.  We have to give a response for this Jesus who loved us unto death.

With love,
fsb

No comments: