Friday, February 21, 2020

Hello Beloved

If anyone happens to flutter by I just want you to know that you are deeply loved.  The Cross is proof that you matter to God.  So many are passing away and recently another passing led me here to check in.  My heart is grieved as I am almost certain that this person was not a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.  I know there are all kinds of religions "out there."  And I know that we have the freedom to believe "whatever" we choose.  This gift of free will is a blessing and a curse.  We see that by the choices we make, day after day.  However, that choice ultimately leads to two choices.  Heaven or hell.  Many have tried to disprove the gospel and as a result, came to the end of their search and to the foot of the Cross.  Many of you may know my testimony and many of you may not.

Religion was not discussed in my household.  We were a happy family for awhile.  Divorce came and rocked my world to the core in my youth.  I "felt" abandoned, lost, afraid and insecure.  That's how I lived as I entered into my adult life.  I made lots of mistakes and I lived mostly in survival mode.  And truth be told, I was the boldest girl-cop I knew.  I was seriously, "Wonder Woman" in my uniform.  Once I got off-duty, I was introverted, polite and going along to get along.  I never had a voice and felt that nothing about me mattered. I seriously looked for love and acceptance most of my life...leading up to May 4, 2008, when Jesus entered in...

I didn't believe in GOD nor did I disbelieve in God.  I just didn't know Him and surely had no clue that HE was interested in me and that His Son died for my sins.

Looking back, I did have a few conversations with "someone named god."  BUT in the big and real world, I did not know He was a person in the flesh named Jesus.  The Message version of the bible says that Jesus became flesh and moved in the neighborhood.  SO GLAD HE DID!!!

I am not going to post any scriptures about who He is and what He did for all of mankind.  I just decided to post today because I have been praying for the salvation of so many for years, and the list is growing as many are living a life apart from God and pretty content with not caring about the truth. I have also witnessed to countless people along this journey and their ears are closed to sin and Christ being the solution.  This world is consumed with self and the "here and now."  Materialism and endless distractions are right where satan wants you.  The bible calls him a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.  The bible says that the "thief" the one that wants your soul, has come to kill, steal and destroy...But the Lord Jesus has come to give you life and to the full....not just this life, but eternal life after you leave this earth.  The bible says that this world is blinded by the god of this world.  How sad to be decieved all your life by the devil, never knowing there was a way out?!

I didn't know the Lord and no one in my circle of love told me about Him, but once I heard the gospel, I did not reject it.  I chose by faith to believe.  And WOW..... absolutely life transforming.  The lights literally came on and after grieving over my sins, I rejoiced in the forgiving and cleansing blood of Jesus!

If you or someone you know are just wandering through life, if you are doing life on your own, if you think life's good, if you're hurting, if you're depressed, struggling with anxiety or have even thought about suicide (pause, I did twice in my life) … if life is just plain hard, if you don't have the answers and no one around you understands.....  PLEASE, please, please, reach out to God.  He is not interested in your pretend self. He is interested in you!  He is not waiting for you to get yourself together.  He loves you, unconditionally.... Yes, you, just as you are and right where you are.

I was the woman at the well in John chapter 4 and He turned me into the grateful woman in Luke chapter 7.

Please read either the Gospel of John or the book of Romans, asking God to speak to you.  He will do it.  He DELIGHTS in those seeking Him for truth.  He wants no one to past from this life to the next without knowing the whole truth.  I was afraid of death.  Yes, I was a law enforcement officer in the Nation's Capitol afraid of dying.  Not the passing of life, but the fear of not knowing what that really meant and the leaving my children behind.

GOD answers all the questions.  AND the ones that He chooses not to answer, the more and more you seek HIM, the unanswered ones become not as important as the desire to see souls saved from hell.

I pray with my whole heart that you will seek the truth.  Like John says, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.  I pray with my whole heart that you decide soon.  Tomorrow is not promised and we don't like to talk about it, but dead is dead.  Hell is real and death is eminent for everyone.  You cannot get away with living the best life "you so desire" and then stand on the day of judgement and tell God that you were "going to seek Him."  You cannot stand before God on the day of judgement with "your excuse" and you cannot stand before GOD "expecting to walk into" the gates of heaven when you wanted nothing to do with Him here on earth.

What if the Resurrected Christ is real?

What if you die today?

What if your "religious" beliefs are wrong?

Just because people choose not to acknowledge God does not mean He's not God.  Jesus Christ is a relational God and wants a personal and intimate one with you.

It's a simple as getting a speeding ticket in the mail.  You can ignore it and choose not to pay it but it doesn't mean that there are no consequences.

You commit a crime and you have to pay the penalty.
We've sinned against GOD.  WE #all have, and Sweet Jesus paid the penalty!

Seek the God of the bible and then decide for yourself if JESUS is worth pursuing.  Your life depends on it!

Love always,
FSB

Just thought of this:  Many know the Lord's prayer and Psalms 23 verbatim.  He is not your Father and He is not your Shepherd if you have not confessed your sins, repented (turning away from your old life) and received Christ as Lord over your new life.  

Many churches are collectively saying the Lord's prayer and many funerals are reciting Psalms 23, but God does not hear the voice of the sinner unless he/she is seeking forgiveness of sins and desiring to enter into a relationship with Jesus.  Admitting that His blood covered your sins gives you the right to speak directly to God. Then He is the Shepherd who has promised to care for His flock and the Abba Father who will never leave you nor forsake you.

No comments: