Thursday, May 14, 2020

The Heart of Man

It just baffles me the number of times where people who have never, ever read or studied the scriptures say, "The bible is written by man."

H-E-L-L-O.... Yes it is!  However, it is God breathed by the Power of the Holy Spirit and penned by the men God appointed.

Not just simple minded men, and not children of satan. Yes, if you are not a child of God, your father is the devil. The father of lies.  God said it, not me.

Pause:  Why is it that we can we say whatever we want out of our mouths and could care less who we offend, [espcially now in the age of #socialmedia], but when the God of the universe says it, PEOPLE get deeply OFFENDED?  The gospel should indeed be offensive.  How else would we see the error of our ways and repent of our sins?  How else would our souls be saved?

"God has breathed life into all Scripture.  It is useful for teaching us what is true.  It is useful for correcting our mistakes.  It is useful for making our lives whole again.  It is useful for training us to do what is right.  By using Scripture, the servant of God can be completely prepared to do every good thing." 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (TPT)

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires.  He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."  John 8:44 (NIV)

Men are arming themselves with handguns because they want their states opened back up.  People are being shot dead because of the color of their skin, even after all this time.  We still have serial killers, pedophiles and child moletestors.  The opiodes are still being sold and prescribed as the death toll has never been so great. Human trafficking is off the charts and not being talked about on any media platform. And when the average heart is wronged, who doesn't want revenge? (Just to name a few of our wicked deeds...)

This from a recent film titled Trafficked, showing the reality of the crisis: "Over 1,000,000 in the US are victims and more than 100 billion being made in profits.  Surpassing Microsoft, Google, Nike, Starbucks and Intel #combined!"

And yet, before the Covid-19 interrupted our lives, the news of the day and has been for the past year has been over politics, abortions and LGBT.

We have almost any and everything our heart's desire here in the United States of America that it's sickening.  To me, anyway.  Our wealth and prosperity have become our idols.

Just look for a moment, outside your comfort zone, outside your community, and outside the safetynet of your alarm system and bank account.

There is some seriously scary stuff going on around us and some wicked and inhumane acts being carried out by man.  So, how could "man" possibly write the bible?

He did not.  The men of God penned the bible and I for one am so very beyond grateful.

After placing my faith and my life in the hands of Jesus Christ, my heart has been exposed to me time and time again, and it is ugly.  I still get down right angry at so much of the stuff that is occurring, near and far, and I can feel instant hatred when I see and hear of people being mistreated and oppressed.  And I can allow these feelings to burn in me without even having the "full story."

I cannot even begin to tell you how much RED BLOODED BOILING HATRED I feel when I hear about the persecution of my brothers and sisters in the faith.  Why are people being persecuted and beheaded because they have chosen to put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?

(God has already answered that for me) John 3:16-19 "AMPC version!"

Dare to read Genesis and not be disgusted with the heart of man and then open your eyes to the overwhelming GRACE of God in spite of the hearts of men.

"The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked.  Who really knows how bad it is?"  (NLT)
"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure.  Who can understand it?"  (NIV)

If a simple man or a group of mere men wrote the bible, why would they say these things about themselves and why would they condemn themselves to hell at the end of their lives?

"Everyone must die once, and after that be #judged by God." Hebrews 9:27 (GNB)

I for one, being a retired law enforcement officer, love, love, love "cop shows."  It still baffles me how Europe polices without handguns.

I am not obsessed with these television programs, I just #absolutely love seeing the justice at the end and the closure the victim's loved ones eventually receive when the cases are closed.  I still cannot imagine the grief and longsuffering of those who never get answers and try to move forward with that pain without God's help.

The worst case never solved, according to man. It was believed that after Jesus Christ was hated in the hearts of many men, wrongfully convicted and crucified, He was NOT resurrected but that His body was stolen from the grave...smh still...

On one hand, each and every time I read the #unlawful arrest and trial of my Lord, I still get mad at all those involved. Especially when Pilate had the ability to release Him.

Then, on the other hand, every single detail played out just as God planned it. If it were not for that injustice and brutality, I would still be dead in my transgressions and I would still be carrying the weight of my sins.  (Read Hebrews chapter 10)

No way man could have written that without the Divine Inspiration of the Holy Spirit!

And who is this Holy Spirit:  "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that HE may remain with you forever--The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him..." John 14:16-17 (AMPC)

Father God, I plead with YOU to keep showing me my heart. Keep convicting me of my sins and keep my in the center of Your will.  David said it so beautifully and I wholeheartedly agree:
"Have MERCY upon me, O God, according to Your steadfast love; according to the multitude of Your tender mercy and loving-kindness blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly [and repeatedly] from my iniquity and guilt and cleanse me and make me wholly pure from my sin! For I am conscious of my transgressions and I acknowledge them; my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned and done that which is evil in Your sight, so that You are justified in Your sentence and faultless in Your judgement. Behold, I was brought forth in [a state of] iniquity; my mother was sinful who conceived me [and I too am sinful]." Psalm 51:1-6 (AMPC)

Day after day, create in my a clean heart...
In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen!

No comments: