Sunday, October 19, 2014

He Is a MIGHTY Redeemer!

What I know for #sure!

Jesus Christ is a Mighty #REDEEMER

I have been through many trials in the past. And although I celebrated my 50th birthday this past July [pause: HALLELUJAH!] I've only been saved for 6 years.

But I am here to tell you that all that "stuff" I suffered, endured and experienced was not in vain.

Isaiah 61:3
"...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor."

Yes, I am so very proud to be a display of spendor for the Lord's display :-)

Yesterday He used me in the most amazing way and as I reflected on it last night before turning in and again this morning, I'm reminded of His word and His truth that He had it planned long ago. #NOTHING is new to God!

Psalm 119:16
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How incredible is He to know all things and to have always known all things?!?!

We could get stuck on that...who He is and if He in fact exist.....OR we can choose to #believe.

And since I have chosen not only to believe, but to surrender. These past 6 years have been the most amazing journey of my life. And knowing my Father, He ain't finished yet!

He has blessed me with one blessing after another and His promise in John 10:10 is so very true.

All of His promises are true, but as long as we live apart from Him, we will never know the goodness of His heart and the love that He wants to so graciously lavish on us.

And, speaking of love, He is using me to speak at our upcoming Ladies' Retreat. I am overjoyed to be sharing "the joy of being single" with some of the women in attendance. The title that I have chosen to give my session is: The Lover of Your Soul.

That's what He is to me and that's what He can be to you; male or female. We were all created with a longing in our hearts. Yes, a spouse or significant other can meet those needs, but not every single need and not all the time. Jesus is the only one that can fill any empty space or place in your soul. He created us for fellowship with Him.

God thoroughly delighted walking in the [garden] with Adam before sin came into the world. Therefore, He sent His Son to die on the cross and redeem us back into a loving and intimate relationship Him.

Choose to walk this life's journey with Him and open the door as well as your heart to the endless possibilities and the endless blessings that the world simply cannot match.

1 comment: