Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Friend Until The End

You have been with me all my life. You know and have kept all my secrets ... my lies and my truths. You know all the losers and the lovers in between. The one who stole my virginity and the one who replaced my dignity. You were with me when he said, "I love you" and when he said, "Good-bye."

All those years spent searching, crying, praying and believing ... yes, you were there. Not only did you see me through those seasons of uncertainty, but also my biggest fears and insecurities.

When I pretended to be fine, confident and sexy, you were there. When it all fell apart and my flaws were revealed ... I cried and you comforted me. During that brief moment of desperation and shame ... that day that I wanted to die ... you were there. My journal, my friend.

2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Throughout most of this reading, I thought you were referring to The Creator. Maybe you wanted the reader to assume this... you sly fox, you! (smiles) But you GOT me! Your journal. *Duh!* Of course.

Writing is so often a sanity saver & a spirit reliever.

Thank GOD for those dual abilities!

SJ!


One.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm doing a curtsy, but you can't see me :-)

I humbly accept that compliment!

Writing is indeed my saving grace...journal, post it, receipt, napkin...whatever, it must be penned.

love ya!
cd