Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Boundaries

Our Boundaries vs. His

There is no unity without distinct identities, and boundaries define the distinct identities involved.

We say yes but we act out no. And he allows us to experience the painful consequences of our behavior so that we will change.

If we are trying to do his work for him, we will fail. If we are wishing for him to do our work for us, he will refuse. But if we do our work, and God does his, we will find strength in a "real relationship" with our Creator.

- An excerpt from the book: Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend

* if only i had known this years ago :-)
sent w/love

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for awakening something in me. I'm ready to start blogging again after a few years of not even visiting my blog. It's a great outlet for me. Thank you for reminding me of that.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

You are so welcomed and you were so missed!

Love, peace and lots of inspiration...
China

A Lady's Life said...

yes this is so true butterfly :)

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hello My Lady...

If only I had known this many, many years ago!

Love ya :-)

Moanerplicity said...

"If we are wishing for him to do our work for us, he will refuse."

THIS is something it has taken me soooooo many, MANY years to learn, to digest & to process.

Wise words.


One.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm just this opposite ... I've heard Him say on more than one occasion, "Why are you doing my job?"

I am still gradly releasing the control.

Wisdom is indeed available to all the ask. My friend...we are all a work in progress. :-)

Love for a great day!