Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 17

It's day 17 of National Poetry month and I'm still at it.

~ Just This Once

Don't look at me like that.
The same way all the others do.
Wanting to undress me, caress me
and do away with me.

Stop imagining what it would
be like to taste me, to smell
me and lay horizontal with me.

Knowing full well that you don't
really see me...have no idea what
lies beneath me, what it is I want to be.

Just this once, be up front with me.
Don't say you will call me, that you
want to make plans to be with me.
Knowing it's so far from honesty.

Does it have to be all about you
and your fantasies, your needs and
your desire to be pleased?

Can we sit here with our clothes on
and only our minds exposed? Can
you listen to me attentively as I
express myself with intensity?

Can you look into my big brown eyes
and not think about my...? Will you
respond to my thoughts and not
dismiss them completely?

Just this once, can we discover one
another mentally and spiritually without
going straight to the physically?

5 comments:

SLC said...

Wow sis. Real. I love it.
SLC

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hey there little brother. Thank you for stopping by. Always, always, a pleasure!

sent w/love and prayers
china

Blessed Tresses said...

I really like this...it's straight forward and definitely to the point. Love it!!!

Don said...

Agree w/ Blessed Tresses. Straight forward and to the point. Exactly how everyone should be.

No need in pretending, I say.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

GM Blessed Tresses. Sorry for the late response. I was a bit under the weather. I know I wrote this, but I still write stuff and say, "Wow. I wrote that?" :-)
Thanks for stopping by!

Don, I so agree. At some point, we've got to be adults and say exactly what we want. Even if it hurts...say it with love.

At this point in my life, I cannot live any other way. I just wished that the younger generation could realize their self worth and not find out late in life like myself.

Love for a great day!
fsb