Thursday, February 2, 2012

Longings...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I don't miss being married. We were unequally yoked.
I don't miss my youth. That lost little girl was so niave.
I don't miss being a size 6. It didn't look good on me.
I don't miss my ex-boyfriends, who were just that - boys.
I don't miss brownies smothered in whipped cream. Well, maybe a little.
I don't miss my motorcycle. It looked good but stayed in the garage.
I don't miss my big house. It didn't hug me the end of a long hard day.
I don't miss my long gorgeous locs. Too much maintenance for me :-)
I don't miss my high credit score.  Jesus doesn't care about that stuff.
I don't miss being a people pleaser.  Saying no is so much healthier.
I don't miss any of the proceeds from my book sales.  God's in control.

I do, however miss my best friend.  A whole lot.

"Stay" is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary."
Louisa May Alcott


2 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Yes partners for life He would have enjoyed the beach. I would miss my motorcycle too.
That I would be driving all the time.lol

BigMoma said...

GM Butterfly,

All the stuff that fulled you heart is disappearing and God leaves the memories of the people, dog (LOL) that gave you heart a reason to beat...