Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A prayer request...

Good morning blog family -

I would like to ask if you could please pray for my family. Something happened over the summer that has caused some anger and resentment in my family. It has truly made my heart sad and I've been asking the Lord to fix it. Yesterday, I cried about it and resolved the fact that I can't fix it on my own.

I know that forgiveness is a very difficult thing to do, especially when "you" feel so wronged. I heard an awesome sermon yesterday on the way home from the doctors. It was one of those ones that you wished the person going through "it" could have heard because if you tried to repeat "it" to "them", you'd leave something out.

Well anyway, the Pastor was talking about how we carry around "stuff" from our past and when someone hurts us, we automatically return to that hurtful place and it's not necessarily about the current thing that has hurt us, but the memory or memories that we're still carrying around from those past wounds.

I use to be one of those people until Jesus found me sitting in my family room on a beautiful sunny day. He asked me to turn all those past hurts and burdens over to Him and I did. WOW - what an incredible feeling that was. It was like finally dropping a 20 pound bag of potatoes right there on the floor and never having to pick it up again. The freedom that it gave me is something I cannot put into words, because the feeling lives inside my heart.

Thank you and may the Lord continue to keep and bless you.
Free Spirit Butterfly.

9 comments:

Solomon said...

Amen!

Mizrepresent said...

I will keep your family in prayer. And i loved the message here, thanks for sharing.

SLC said...

Hey Sis.

I'll be sure to keep you and your family in prayer. I'm actually in need of a Spiritual diet myself. Thanks for sharing the message you receive.

SLC

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

A Lady's Life said...

DONE!
Hope it all works out.
We all carry our own crosses Butterfly. Some are just silly and others are serious.
I always go back to my grandmother who said "If I only knew this when I was young.... I could have spared myself so much grief.
Today when I think about the things that bothered me, I have to laugh.
Life is a comedy after all."

So it pays to listen to ones grandmother once in a while .

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good afternoon blog family and thank you all for visiting and praying. If we continue to think that everything is fine and that we don't need prayer, the Devil will be win. So thanks for your prayers and lets continue to hold hands and keep Faith in our Lord!

Love you all
China

Anonymous said...

Hi sis I will always keep you in my prayers & my EXTRA Prayers for days like this! Continued Peace, Love & Blessings in him! I love u sis! Amen

Anonymous said...

Good Morning sis I always keep you in my Prayers & my EXTRA parayers for days like this. continued Peace, Love & Blessings in him! Amen.

I love you sis :)

His Strength in you!!!!

Standing Able said...

Grace and Peace Free Spirit!

God knows all that we are in need of before we ask Him! I know that He has you and your family cradled in the comfort of His loving arms. The devil has already been defeated and the burden of worrying about what happens next has been broken and destroyed! Whatever we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven and warring angels have been dispatched by the warriors that have prayed and bombarded heaven on your and their behalf! The strongholds have been broken and destroyed and as children of the Most High WE rejoice in knowing that you and your family walk victorious! Faith comes be hearing and hearing by the Word of God! God's word NEVER returns void and His word says that you are more than a conqueror and if that is so WALK IN YOUR CONQUEST!

I love you much sis!
Stacye

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Thank you EVERYONE for your prayers. I know that GOD is going to work it out in HIS time and I'm staying in prayer and allowing HIS will to come forth as it always does. I also know that something good and powerful will be revealed as well. Our troubles are little stepping stones towards HIS true purpose and plan for our lives.

HE wants character, not comfort! And this I know for sure.

Love and peace
Free Spirit Butterfly.