Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another epiphany....

I was just checking in on my blog family and in reading SLC's post, the word "balance" stuck out and to the right of me on my nightstand, was a book titled "The Essence of Zen". As I begin to read through it looking for something to post, it occurred to me that I've always wanted this blog to speak to someone's spirit. It's at the top of my blog title, if you haven't noticed it. So, although these words aren't mine, I hope that something I've written here awakens your spirit.

Zen is not some kind of excitement, but merely concentration on our usual everyday routine. "Shurnkyu Suzuki"

Within yourself is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself. "Hermann Hesse"

I was utterly alone with the sun & the earth. Lying down on the grass, I spoke in my soul to the earth, the sun, the air, & the distant sea... "Richard Jeffries"

I think these difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things one goes around worrying about are of no importance whatever. "Isak Dienesen (Karen Blixen)"
* PS - This one is dedicated to Solomon if he should happen to stop by for a visit (smile)

Sit quietly doing nothing, springs comes and the grass grows by itself. "Author unknown"

Love, peace and blessings

6 comments:

crochet lady said...

I know you've encouraged me more times than I can count and words like that speak to the seed inside me telling it to continue to grow.

Love you,
Jen

PAK ART said...

I like "sit quietly and do nothing" I think I'm always trying to get things going, trying to be the catalyst. I have a hard time sitting and doing nothing. It's amazing though that the world doesn't fall apart without me!

A Lady's Life said...

very nicely done Butterfly:)
People worry about urban sprawl but I always say people need space, beauty, tranquility, to keep oneself sane.

Solomon said...

Solomon here, nice quote Miss Butterfly, it is something I already try to live by, even as we speak. {smiles}

Hope you are well!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hey family, just checking in while the dryer is spinning and spinning and max is following me and following me (LOL) DOG 4 sale, 4 Real!

Love and enjoy your weekend!

Nakia, a Social Butterfly said...

Sometimes I'm out of luck trying to get what I need. Do you really mean to tell me they have blog families to encourage me!

I love your post, thanks! and like the terminator, "I'll be back"
Nakia