Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Are you listening?

When was the last time God spoke to you?
He's always speaking to me, be it with subtlety or head on "girl are you listening to me?" For example, Sunday I was still on my high because the boss is back and I get to go back to doing me. Anyway, I thought I'd catch a movie and I think everyone has seen Tyler Perry's new movie but me so I checked for the next matinee and it coincided with my church service. (The church service I promised God I would commit to as soon as the boss got back) Yeah, that one.

Back to the story, the movie was at 4:15 and running time 1hr 51 min. The evening service began at 6pm (dilemma, right?)

P L E A S E, God didn't even have to ask me if I was going to pick Tyler Perry over him because at 5:30 I was in the church parking lot reading my bible waiting for the doors to open. I'm so glad GOD spoke to me that Sunday evening because this will be my new church home. I've been hopping from place to place and now I'm looking forward to getting Baptized. See GOD, I was listening.... this time (smile)

5 comments:

Just_Wondering said...

Awww that was such a touching story! I'm so happy I just read that. Wow! I'm happy you found a home to go to praise the Lord. Getting baptized is an amazing experience. I was very excited that I was getting married to Jesus lol He's my everything and speaks to me all the time.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm only sorry that it's taken me this long, but God knew his plan for me before I came to be in my mother's womb! Thanks for your visit my sister in Christ.

Strongblkwmn said...

Love the story. I believe God speaks to us all. It's up to us whether or not we want to listen.

SLC said...

Everyone has seen Tyler Perry's new movie but you and I. But, you can't rent an Anointed Church service. You're obviously a good listener (six hours in the car). Glad to know where to go next time I'm North of Virginia on a Sunday evening.

The Butterfly Has Landed

SLC

Standing Able said...

Got to love SLC @the butterfly has landed...I just love it! Well, after years of preparation God has your full attention and I glorify Him. I agree with just_wondering, getting baptized is indeed and amazing experience and one that you will never forget. Pay close attention to how you feel when you emerge from the water. Now, I think that it's you, slc and I who have yet to see Tyler's new movie. I love you, girl! Continue to study to show thy self approved...and Neicy remember to hide the word in your heart because the devil will be right there to steal what God imparts.