Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Simple Steps to Discovering Your PASSION...

Only for those in search of “it”

I truly believe that God without question is or should be our passion first and foremost and second to that would be our family. When I discuss passion, I mean something that excites you, rejuvenates you and takes your mind off the little negative voices in your head. Something that you get so engrossed in that you could care less what time it is and most importantly, totally unaware of what’s going on around you. I can guarantee that once it is revealed to you, it will be something that you were always capable of and never nourished or something that you’ve had in you all along and didn’t realize it.

My discovery came in May of 2005. I went to the Convention Center to see one of my role models, Oprah Winfrey. I know a lot of women don’t like her but I do. There are so many people who dislike others and really don’t have a valid reason why. Most likely jealousy, envy, a misperception or something we’ve heard from someone else’s opinion of that person.

Anyway the event was an incredible experience for me. I went to get the message first hand. Her subject matter was discovering your Purpose and Passion in life. I for one wanted to know mine. Before I went, I thought it was to be a great mom and wife but I have since changed my mind. I think that my purpose is to search deep within my soul and become the best me that I can be. God gave us the wonderful gift of life and he is excited to see how we will use his gift. I truly believe that on my path to discovering my authentic self, I have and will continue to become a better mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend, coworker and overall Human Being!

And finally I discovered that my passion is first and foremost writing. But in addition to that, it is life. (Trying, failing, learning, accepting, succeeding, forgiving, helping, creating, taking risk, loving, understanding, sharing my pain, sharing my joy and being truly grateful for E V E R Y T H I N G !)

No comments: