Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How creative are you? Dig deep into your imagination...

If you could be "anything" what would you be and why? Most of us at one time or another in our lives (whether we want to admit it or not) looked at someone else and wondered what it would be like to be that person or have what they have. I was one of those people when I was in the ninth grade. I had two friends that in my opinion had so much more than me. Now over twenty years later our lives are so very different and I'm glad that God didn't answer "that prayer."

So when I pose this question, I mean pick an object or thing and explain why you chose it. (i.e. a piece of fruit, a sports car, an animal, a flower, a chaise lounge....) I chose a tree. I recently read a New Earth by Eckart Tolle and I look at trees with a whole new perspective. (The book is based on the ego and being conscious in the present moment). I've always noticed trees but now I truly appreciate them. I admire the strength, the courage and the stillness that they represent. I purchased a Japanese Maple in July of 2006 and named her Ms. July. Now I get to watch her grow and merge with my life and my growth. Trees are like people, no two are the same (not even twins). They provide shelter from the sun, they provide a place to sit and meditate with your thoughts, they provide a certain type of ambiance for a couple wanting to have a romantic picnic and they can just be without saying a single word. It certainly worked for Oprah's parents. She told the story of her birth and how her parents had sex one time under an Oak Tree and in that one encounter she was conceived. Therefore, I am a TREE. Always growing and always changing. But mostly importantly there is no one else like me.

No comments: